Beginning Quilting 1
Learn all you need to know to complete a quilt from start to finish in this 8 week course with Vikki.
This class will introduce you to quilting by machine and reinforce training and practice for your rotary cutting.
You will learn tips and tricks, beginning with choosing fabrics, to make yourquilting journey a successful one.
You will make a baby-sized quilt.
We will start rotary cutting in the first class so you will not need to bring your machine to that class.
Pre-Requisite: Rotary Cutting 101
* Sewing Machine (and knowledge of) in good working order. Sewing machine will not be needed for first class.
* Sewing Machine Feet: 1/4" foot and Walking Foot.
(Note - if you don't have a 1/4" foot please let us know ahead of time witih machine make and model to determine if low shank/high shank
so that we may have an opportunity to order for you if we do not have one in stock that fits your machine.
* Rotary Cutting Supplies. Mat, rotary cutter, 6.5" x 24" ruler (optional 6.5" x 12" ruler)
* Notepad and pencil
* Listed Fabric Quantities: (Washed if desired - do not use fabric softner), pre-pressed
* Cotton Thread to coordinate with fabric selection
* Basic sewing kit—pins, tape measure, seam ripper, scissors, etc
* New size 80/12 sewing machine needles—universals or microtex sharps
Fabric Requirements: Shop personnel will assist you in your purchases - you will learn more about value, prints, styles in class 1.
Finished Size: 39 x 48
Background: 1 yd,
Color A (9 Patch) 1 yd
Color B (Churndash/Inner Border: 1 yd
Outside Border (non-diarectional): 1 yd