Thank you for considering City’s Edge for your quilting needs.
We provide Edge-to-Edge digital quilting on our Gammill-Statler longarm within our store location. With 100’s of quilting designs to choose from, we are certain to have a design that will compliment your creative works and meet your goal. We typically are within a 2 week turn-around from arrival date.
If you are mailing to us, please drop a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 660-438-3177 so that we can check on its arrival.
UPS or FedEx: Mail to City’s Edge , 616 West Main Street, Warsaw MO 65355
USPS: Mail to City’s Edge, PO Box 38, Warsaw, MO 65355
Return Shipping is through USPS with tracking and Insurance at quilt owners expense. Usually between $15-$27.
Answers to FrequentlyAsked Questions from start to finish.
1) Upon arrival we measure and enter your quilt into our system so it may be tracked from the time of arrival until return shipped. We hang it in a secure area with backing and notes provided. You will receive notification of its arrival.
2) It’s recommended that you press your top and backing well. Backings are steamed out on the longarm for minimal creases if needed. So if you are purchasing off our shelves, we will take care of that for you.
3) Backing fabric needs to be 8-10 inches larger than the quilt top. (4” all sides from baby to full size, 5” all sides for queen/king.). The minimum of 4” is so the sewing machine does not run into the clamps holding your quilt during the quilting process.
4) We use Hobbs 80 Cotton/20 Polyester. We do have black available if needed, in addition to 100% cotton and polyester upon request (natural and white).
5) We use Superior So Fine 50 wt polyester thread. When something shiny like gold, silver, or platinum is requested, we use Fil-Tec Glide thread.
6) Cost: Length x Width x .018. Plus batting and thread. Thread is .95/bobbin and 1 bobbin per every 1000 sq inch - 1001 = 2 bobbins. Batting cost is based on type of batting and current prices.
Note: Very dense requests or very detailed design requests may be additional based on actual usage.
Note: We offer 10% off your first quilt and 15% off 6th Quilt - With a Loyalty program after 6th quilt.
7) How do you choose a pattern or thread color? Many will just say "Quilter's Choice" on thread and design choices. Some will say - "Please let me know what quilter suggests" - in this case we would text/email a couple of suggestions to choose from. Otherwise, if you personally bring to the shop - we have a book of designs you may choose.
For every step of the way - know we are here to help.
Tucks and Puckers: Unfortunately most quilts will have some puckers and tucks and we do not guarantee that they won’t. We do not cut on quilts. If your quilt is delivered with extra fullness in borders, you may have corners that are not square to the quilt and will have puckers. The flatter your quilt top is the better the quilting will be.
Call us at 660-438-3177 or drop us a note at email@example.com
Mechanical Errors: Our machine is well maintained and runs regularly to ensure it is properly ooiled and in good working condition. We rarely have an issue with our machine, however it is a mechanical devicce and a rare mechanical defect could occur and delay the quilting process or could cause minor damage to your quilt top or back. When sending your quilt top to us, you understand that this is a possibility.